Federal Tax Credits on Home Improvements & HVAC Systems in Central, NJ
At Rupcoe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we treat each customer like a member of our family. When it comes to investing in a new HVAC system or water heater, we want our customers to benefit from an expert installation as well as the best pricing available. If you are planning on purchasing a new air conditioner, heating system or water heater in the near future, then you should know that making that purchase before the end of the year will allow you to take advantage of federal tax credits on Energy Star certified products that expire after December 31, 2016.
Here are some of the Energy Star products that Rupcoe installs for our Central NJ area customers:
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Split System – $300 tax credit on a split system with a SEER rating of 15 & up or an EER of 12.5 & up.
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Package System – $300 tax credit on a package system with a SEER rating of 14 & up or an EER of 12 & up.
- Central Air Conditioning – Split System – $300 tax credit on a system with a SEER rating of 16 & up or an EER rating of 13 & up.
- Central Air Conditioning – Package System – $300 tax credit on a system with a SEER rating of 14 & up or an EER rating of 12 & up.
- Gas, Propane, or Oil Boiler Heating Systems – $150 tax credit on a system with an AFUE rating of 95 or higher.
- Gas, Propane or Oil Furnaces – $150 tax credit on a furnace with an AFUE rating of 95 or higher. $50 tax credit for advanced main air circulating furnace fan.
- Electric or Gas Water Heaters – $300 tax credit on products with a thermal efficiency of at least 90%.
- Solar Water Heaters – tax credit for 30% of the cost of the water heater and installation. This tax credit is good through December 31, 2019 and requires that water usage is for indoor use rather than pools or hot tubs.
Why choose Energy Star products? These products are built with energy efficiency in mind. The many benefits include:
- Lower Fuel Bills: Energy Star products require less fuel, so you will see a savings every month on your energy bills.
- Environmentally Friendly: Requiring less fuel to heat or cool your home means that these products help conserve our natural resources and are better for the environment.
- Increased Comfort: Upgrading your HVAC system to a new Energy Star system with increased heating and cooling capabilities will allow you enjoy comfortable temperatures throughout your home.