Your HVAC systems constitute a large portion of your energy consumption every month. Plumbing Contractors NJ suggest doing a portion of your regular maintenance at home and calling in a reliable professional, like Rupcoe Plumbing and Heating, if you notice specific issues.
Plumbing Contractors NJ And HVAC Systems
- Check Air Filters Regularly - To avoid having to call an HVAC contractor every month you can easily check your air filter yourself. If it looks dirty the best you can do is to change it.
- Most air filters can be changed every three months, but during heavy use months you may have to change it every 30 days. If your air filter is clogging too fast call an hvac contractor nj to do a diagnostic test immediately.
- Duct Seals - If you have a slightly older HVAC system in your home and you suspect you’re losing power or using too much power, then you may have to check the seals of your ductwork.
- Your Plumbing contractor will be able to perform a maintenance check that includes all of your duct work and minor repairs could save you hundreds of dollars in heating bills.
- When checking your duct work start in the attic, basement and garage areas. These come under the most strain and can cause the most problems.
- The plumbers should use the highest quality duct sealant and then enclose the ducts work with an insulation material to save you even more money during the cold winters and extremely hot summers in this region.
HVAC Systems – Repair or Replace?
- HVAC systems to do not last forever. You will eventually have to replace your unit if it is not economically viable to repair it.
- When you call your plumber for a quotation, make sure that it includes the repair and replacement of any pipes. You can have a brand new HVAC system installed, but if your pipes and duct seals are worn you won’t be saving any money at all.
- Your Plumbing contractor should be fully qualified to work on these units and offer a guarantee on workmanship and materials.
- A good HVAC contractor will not try to sell you a new unit if yours can be repaired efficiently.
- Getting newer models though could be the solution to you high utility bills. They do not use as much power as the older units to get the same effect in your home. They are more compact, easier to install and above all easier to maintain by yourself.
Rupcoe Plumbing and Heating are Plumbing Contractors NJ that use a range of energy efficient HVAC products that are guaranteed to save you money and keep you comfortable.