Why Every Household Should Sign Up for a Maintenance Service Plan
A car needs gasoline and oil. A pool needs to be cleaned and the pH maintained. Pets need to be fed and watered. So it is that all things need attention and upkeep. A home is no different. A home is more than a building where people sleep. It is an intricate network of electricity, plumbing, solid structure, and space. Each part of a home requires its own particular type of maintenance, whether it’s dusting shelves or keeping the garbage disposal clean. There are so many things to remember, and people have made careers on making to-do lists for others to implement in their own homes. Maintenance plans may be the answer to this difficulty.
Maintenance Membership Plans: What Are They?
At the most basic level, a maintenance membership plan is a contract between a service company (such as plumbing or HVAC) and a customer. In general, this means a flat fee for all maintenance work that needs to be performed. While every contract is different because they are put together by the individual companies, they usually include the following things:
- Emergency Service
Automatic Service and Reminders
- Pipe Corrosion: Regular inspection and pipe cleaning can keep pipes from being weakened by bacteria or other corrosive materials.
- Clogs: If drainage pipes are regularly cleaned, there is less likelihood of a clog developing.
- Water Heater Issues: Regular descaling and valve inspection can keep the water heater working properly and prevent rusty brown water.
- Garbage Disposal Issues: A well-maintained disposal should be odor-free and assists in keeping the kitchen sink drain clean.
The Other Perks for Maintenance Plan Members
Regular maintenance is not the only reason to become a member. There are usually other benefits that are included in most maintenance plans. Here are a few of the possibilities:
- Freebies: Many plans include certain minor plumbing repairs as part of the maintenance, from something as simple as clog removal to changing a pressure release valve on a water heater.
- Discounts: There are often discounts on services that are not included in the maintenance plan. This is a great solution for both the company and the customer.
- Priority Service: In the case of an emergency or urgent issue, technicians must typically deal with them on a first-come-first-served basis. However, if a customer is part of the maintenance plan, they may receive priority which shifts them to the front of the line of jobs.
About RupCoe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
With over thirty years of experience and round-the-clock availability, RupCoe Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is ready to use its expertise to find the fastest and best solution to its customers’ problems. Satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact them for plumbing maintenance in South Plainfield, NJ today!